I love these spicy toasted nuts! They make a great addition to a festive drinks party, or simply a very moreish snack. You can adapt the flavourings to your tastes – how about turmeric and garam masala instead of rosemary and cinnamon?
This is a great way of using up odds and ends of nut packets you have hanging around.
Recipe: Rosemary and cinnamon toasted nuts
- 150g mixed nuts (I used cashews, pecans, almonds and hazelnuts)
- 20g butter, melted
- 10g dark brown muscovado sugar
- Generous pinch of sea salt, plus extra for seasoning (optional)
- Leaves of one spring of fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 200C/18C fan.
- Mix the nuts with all of the other ingredients.
- Spread evenly over a baking tray and cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown, tossing occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with a little more sea salt, if you like.